February 2, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday G!

Well, today was G's 30th birthday. Yes, we are getting old. Now that one of us has branched into a third decade we are like real adults (kind of).
Since I baked a cake for his birthday last year, I wanted to try something new. On my latest visit with my sister in NM she showed me how to make cake truffles. 

I made a strawberry cake (from a box), mixed it with cream cheese frosting, rolled the mixture into balls, and dipped the cake balls in melted milk chocolate. I added silver sugar on top for fun.

 I thought it would be fun to make 30 of them and my sister gave me the idea to shape them into a "30". The boys helped me make this fun poster.


These babies were very rich, but I think G liked them.


 Happy Birthday Babe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment